Please use the links below to learn about the application or registration process for each new or returning student. Contact Central Office at 423-547-8000 with questions.

Wandell Early Learning Center (Pre-K)

Returning Students (Grades 1-12)

New Students & Kindergarten Registration (K-12)

Freshman Registration

New Tuition & New Out-of-Zone Students (K-12)

Returning Students (Grades 1-12)

Returning students are all students who were enrolled in Elizabethton City Schools during the previous school year. This includes students who were registered as tuition students or out-of-zone students.

Please log in to Skyward Family Access to update your child’s enrollment information for returning students in grades 1-12. Please reference the Skyward Family Access webpage for instructions on registering for Skyward if you have not already done so. Your child's school must have a current email address on file for you to access Skyward. New students (in-zone, new tuition and kindergarten) will complete paper forms. Please contact your child's school with questions or concerns.

Returning Tuition and Out-of-Zone Students
Returning tuition and returning out-of-zone students do not need to use the Cyclone Connection to apply for tuition or out-of-zone status. Parents of returning tuition and out-of-zone students will still update their student data forms in Skyward as described above.  With questions about this process, please call Central Office (547-8000).

  • Parents of students in grades 6-12 do not need to do anything to ensure their child will continue attending as a tuition student.
  • Parents of returning tuition and out-of-zone students in elementary school ONLY will need to complete the Returning K-5 Tuition Application or Returning K-5 Out-of-Zone Application at their schools. This information helps school staff know the number of students to expect for the coming school year.

New Students & Kindergarten

New students are students who have never attended Elizabethton City Schools.

Parents of new in-zone students should make an appointment with their child's school to complete registration information at their earliest convenience. Parents of new students shall provide the school with the required documentation below. All new students (kindergarten, tuition, in-zone) will complete student data forms on paper, NOT online in Skyward Family Access.

What to bring to registration

  • PARENTAL PHOTO IDENTIFICATION - parent/guardian information must match birth certificate/legal documentation. State law requires registration process be completed by the parent/legal guardian
  • BIRTH CERTIFICATE - the mother’s copy is not acceptable.
  • LEGAL DOCUMENTATION - If divorced (or legally separated) legal documentation must be provided to the school for custody requirements.
  • IMMUNIZATION RECORD – Official TN Dept. of Heath Certificate of Immunization Record Form
  • CURRENT PHYSICAL (Physical must be current within one year to the start date of school. Physicals are only necessary for new Kindergarten, Pre-K, or transfers from out-of state or other TN school districts, or new tuition students.)
  • MEDICAL ALERTS – Any information you wish to share that will help us serve your child better.
  • PERMANENT PHYSICAL ADDRESS WITH (2) PROOFS OF RESIDENCE (Acceptable: Property tax records, mortgage document or property deed, apartment or home lease, electric, water or gas bill. NOT acceptable: Cable or phone bills.)

Elementary Registration
Elizabethton elementary schools will offer registration for new in-zone students in the month of July (exact dates to be announced once set) from 8:00 am to 12:00 noon. Parents may pick up a registration packet with instructions from their child(ren)'s designated school so the school administrator can determine placement for the coming school year. Students transferring from another school system will not be registered until records have been submitted from the sending school. All of the above information must be received prior to a student being enrolled.

Kindergarten Registration
Pre-registration is for city residents only and takes place at the school for which your child is zoned. View a zoning map here. Kindergarten students must be 5 years of age on or before August 15, 2019. To pre-register your child for the coming school year, you must provide the information listed above by the first day of school. Please bring this information when you pre-register.

Parents who wish to enroll their kindergarten student in a different Elizabethton school than the one for which they are zoned should complete an out-of-zone application online in the Cyclone Connection (more info below). Out-of-zone requests will not be confirmed till the first half day of school, so these children should pre-register at the school for which they are curently zoned. 

East Side Elementary

Thursday, April 18, 2019

8:00 – 3:00

(lunch from 11:30 – 12:30)

Harold McCormick Elementary

Thursday, April 11

8:00 – 3:00

(lunch from 11:30 – 12:30)

West Side Elementary

Monday, April 15

8:00 – 3:00

(lunch from 11:30 – 12:30)

Freshmen Registration

Registration for rising freshmen will take place after school hours in April. 

Documents to bring to registration:

  1. The completed Purple Registration Form
  2. Proofs of Residency - The ONLY proofs of residency that will be accepted are: property tax records, mortgage documents or property deed, apartment or home lease agreement, or utility bills (water, electric, gas).
  3. Custodial documents
  4. Also your student’s current T. A. Dugger file must have their Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, and Current Immunization form (this is to be on a TN form for high school).

Registration Documents (2018-19)

Course Catalogue
Course Offerings with Codes
9th Grade Registration Sheet
10th Grade Registration Sheet
11th Grade Registration Sheet
12th Grade Registration Sheet
City Parent Letter
Carter County Parent Letter
4th Period Regular Class Offerings
4-Year Plan for 2018-2019

New Tuition Students & New Out-of-Zone Students (K-12)

Tuition students are those whose parents or guardians do not live within Elizabethton city limits, but who wish to attend Elizabethton City Schools as tuition-paying students. Reference Board Policy 6.204.

Out-of-Zone placement requests may be made by parents for students who are zoned for an Elizabethton elementary school but wish to attend a different Elizabethton elementary school.

K-8th Grade New Tuition & New Out-of-Zone Requests
Apply online in the Cyclone Connection. This is an online application for new tuition applicants and new out-of-zone requests (see definitions above) in grades K-8 ONLY. The application opens April 17 at 8 a.m. and closes after the first ten school days. After the first ten days of school have passed, parents must apply in person at Central Office, and the application must be approved by the Director of Schools. The link will be posted on this page and on ECS Facebook and Twitter. Central Office is located at  804 S. Watauga Ave. Refer to Board Policy 6.204 for more information about tuition.

Do not use this application if you are a

  • Full-time ECS employee (You will complete a paper form at your school.)
  • Returning out-of-zone OR returning tuition student (Refer to the Returning Students section above.)
  • High School tuition applicant (See below.)


9-12th Grade New Tuition Applicants
New high school tuition applicants and a parent will need to visit the school with required documentation on one of two dates (TBD in April and May) that have not yet been set. During or prior to this visit, they must provide grades, attendance, and discipline data from their current school. They must meet the guidelines in Board Policy 6.204, which state any tuition student must be in academic “good-standing” and “on track” to graduate.

Additionally, they must bring two proofs of residency, custody documents, immunization records, and a birth certificate. If the student is accepted to the school and provides documentation, he or she can plan to leave this meeting with a schedule for the next school year. With any questions, contact EHS Counseling Secretary Jenny Wetzel at 423-547-8015 ext. 1502.


Priority Order

Applications are sorted on a first-come, first-served basis, with regard for the priority order below. 

  • In-zone students
  • Full-time employee's out-of-zone students
  • Full-time employee's tuition waiver students
  • Returning out-of-zone students
  • Siblings of returning out-of-zone students
  • New out-of-zone students
  • Returning tuition students
  • Siblings of returning tuition students
  • New tuition students

Tuition Fees

Tuition may be paid either in one lump sum, at the beginning of each semester, or monthly online. The annual tuition fee schedule is below. The family cap is $2,200 annually. Tuition status may be revoked based on failure to submit tuition payment or failure to meet the requirements of Board Policy 6.204.

Home Address

(Grades K-5)

(Grades 6-8)

(Grades 9-12)

Carter County




Outside Carter County





Admission of Suspended or Expelled Students
The Board may deny admission of any student who has been expelled or suspended from another school system in Tennessee or another state even though the student has established residency in the system in which he/she seeks enrollment.